At ʔaq'am, we strive for optimal, holistic health for all community members. Our community health objectives are to:
- Promote and support physical activity and healthy eating, including a more traditional diet.
- Prevent and heal from addiction.
- Develop and use individual and family health plans.
- Participate in and celebrate community health initiatives.
- Provide access to a full range of quality health care, including appropriate physical and mental health services.
The Community Health Representative Team is led by a secured Registered Nurse. The team provides an annual diabetes health fair, an annual health fair, bimonthly diabetic and elder foot clinics, regular wellness promotion activities – such as sharing health-related posters with schools, and youth and Elders wellness activities – and in-services and information sessions to share health-related knowledge.